Interest for sustainable investment in all its forms is growing. Not least, the global financial crisis has led to an increased interest in long-sightedness and sustainability. Sustainable investment offers the tools, criteria and methods to integrate just these factors into the investment process. At the same time, the influence of investors is growing. There is, therefore, a need for a forum that brings together the forces working for and with sustainable investment in Sweden.
Swesif has ambitious long-term goals:
- To increase knowledge about sustainable investment
- Be a network and a meeting point for the exchange of knowledge and experience
- Contribute to relevant statistics on sustainable investment in Sweden
- Be a channel to the legislative work within the EU
- Contribute to the public debate about sustainable investments
We seek to achieve these goals through:
- Arranging seminars, round-tables, member lunches etc. on current issues
- Collecting and publishing statistics on sustainable development in Sweden every two years
- Working together with Eurosif and other national SIF-organizations
- Contributing to public debate through press activities and opinion articles
- Developing web-based activities such as our home page, virtual meeting places, as well as presence and activity in social media.
Swesif was founded in 2003 and has approximately 115 members, most of whom are asset owners and asset managers. Swesif is an independent association that has its purpose in sustainable investment and its mandate in the breadth and representativeness of its members. Our activities are funded through membership fees.
To obtain further information on Swesif’s organisation and activities, or to enquire about membership applications please contact Swesif’s administration.
For information about the website and its content, please contact Swesif’s communication partner.